Old October 15th 20, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Reinholt

Default Looking for 1-26E with trailer and some thoughts

On Thursday, October 15, 2020 at 7:55:54 AM UTC-7, ken smith wrote:
Thanks for all the useful feedback. I have heard that the L33 has a weak tail boom and is prone to damage
and the Std Cirrus wants to spin. Would apprecaite more info on these if you have experience wth them.

I was a partner in the L-33 for years and flew it for 100's of hours. It was a lovely flying glider. It only had 2 negatives that I had issues with. The first is the metal construction and the tow hook installation (with poor sealing) makes a very cold cockpit for your legs and feet. The second issue was the factory paint job was substandard and prone to peeling.
I've often considered (still do) buying another and have it tied down during the summer at my soaring club for a quick flying fix instead of rigging and derigging daily my ASH31.
Craig