Old May 7th 05, 02:57 AM
Matt Barrow

"George Patterson" wrote in message
news:HnUee.50$N_5.14@trndny09...
AES wrote:

Don't quarrel with these assertions. But suppose the corp has multiple
stockholders, who own (ergo, in the last analysis control) it . . .
Then, everything the corp does is, at least in a certain sense, done by
those stockholders -- and they're a group.

That would be like saying that I do whatever my car does.

First off, the stockholders do not have any control over the corporation

(with
the exception of the one, if there is one, who owns the majority of the

stock).
The board of directors controls a corporation. Assuming that the board is

in
agreement, then the corporation (an entity) does what the board wants it

to do.
But the corporation is not a group. What is done by the corporation is not
necessarily done by the stockholders.

Think of "Power of Attorney", or "delegation".