Old September 26th 07, 01:22 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Wizard of Draws[_3_]

Default Blood Pressure/Medical (longish)

On 9/25/07 8:06 PM, in article , "Morgans"
wrote:

"Wizard of Draws" wrote

Ten business
days after the letter was mailed, I received a medical certificate back
from
the FAA.

I can fly again.

Happy days!

I have no idea of what your weight situation is, but I'll pass along one
thing from my experiences.

I was having some BP problems, and went on medication.

A year or so later, I decided to lose some weight, but I resolved to do it
without a diet, but just eat smaller portions of everything.

It worked. 5 months later, I had gone from 195 to 175. No exercise
increase, no cutting out certain foods. Just less.

Guess what. No more BP medicine is necessary, now.

I'm 5'9", 155 as of this morning. I asked the doc what BP he was looking for
in order to stop the meds: 100/60.

As of the last visit, I was 132/90. This may take quite a few miles, but I
will not be on meds for the rest of my life, no way.
--
Jeff 'The Wizard of Draws' Bucchino

Cartoons with a Touch of Magic
http://www.wizardofdraws.com