Old May 16th 06, 02:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Teach W to fly

I just wish he'd said "We won't be flying bombers from
Missouri to Iraq on a daily basis, you guys got the
immediate job done, now we win the peace.,"

Of course formal hostilities ended with the Germans and most
of the Japanese in 1945, but there was still "resistance"
for years afterward.

--
James H. Macklin
ATP,CFI,A&P

some support

"Dudley Henriques" wrote in message
nk.net...

| "Jim Macklin" wrote
in message
| He was rated in the single seat F 102 Delta fighter and
flew
| combat air patrol/intercept over the Gulf of Mexico.
That
| was when the Russians were flying Bear bombers down the
east
| coast to Cuba and then over the Gulf. Her did not have
| enough flight time to go to Viet Ban, although he and
some
| of his buds did volunteer. The F102 was not used much
in VN
| because air-to air intercept was not a problem, ground
| attack fighters were used more in VN.
|
| He had to be a pretty good stick in order to fly those
early
| Century Series fighters.
|
| You can say THAT again! I'm getting sick of people who
don't know the first
| damn thing about flying high performance airplanes making
fun of a guy who
| did it.
| The 102 was a drag queen. Just dealing with the Ps loss to
drag rise turning
| from base to final made a man of most pilots flying this
airplane. Then
| handling the drag curve on final finished the education.
| In the 102, you were either damn good, or you were damn
dead!