Old March 17th 12, 05:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Uwe Kleinhempel

Default 406 ELT Aircraft Installed - Anyone find one? - Internal carbonfuselage antenna

On Mar 14, 11:51*pm, WaltWX wrote:
Does anyone have success finding an aircraft installed 406 ELT for a
Schempp-HIrth glider (i.e. internal installed antenna somewhere in
fuselage)?

Hi,

I spoke with Schempp-Hirth about that at the Reno Convention and they
recommended a flexible antenna taped around the fuselage, close to the
canopy frame's end rear right hand side. (sorry it's easier to show
then to describe). Now I still need to find the proper antenna type/
model but if you contact SH please let us know as I need to do the
same in my glider.

Uwe