Old July 6th 04, 06:56 PM

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 20:31:19 -0700, "NW_PILOT" wrote:

Hello, group I was looking at mounts for my Skymap IIIC GPS I am wanting to
use either a Gimble Mount or a Pedastal Mount for mounting my Skymap IIIC in
my 150M, This will require 3 to 4 small holes to be drilled, Will this type
of mount require a field approval? I Just dont want to buy somthing other
than a yoke mount and not be able to have it installed! I think the yoke
mount is a
bad idea as I want to keep my eyes looking outside rather than inside.

We tried a Gimbal Mount on the passenger side for use with a
SkyforceII which tended to stick out of the panel too far and was not
satisfactory. Reflections on the screen were the problem.

In the end we fitted it on a fixed angled mount, slightly recessed on
the left side, which was all signed off when the new avionics were
fitted.

Have a look at the following pictures, which may help:
http://www.lochaberphysio.free-onlin...panel_full.jpg
http://www.lochaberphysio.free-onlin...anel_right.jpg

David

E-mail (Remove Space after pilot): pilot