Old December 7th 05, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default (Mini-500)I want to build the most EVIL plane EVER !!!

Matt Whiting wrote:

Same engine, same design, MUCH better manufacture MUCH better
performance. The mini500 is a copy of this design (Mr. Cicarre' CH7)
w/ a miniature MD500 body on it and different skids, but everything
else was the same with exception that the Mini was manufactured and
overseen BY Fetters. Where Mr. Cicarre actually knew what he was
doing. If you look at the above picture, you can see that the chopper
is capable with that engine.

This makes no sense at all. Exactly what did the mini-500 design do to
hobble the engine? If the designs are essentially the same, then the
engine isn't going to know the difference. If the performance really
was dramatically different, then SOMETHING had to be dramatically
different between the designs. And saying that one was overseen by one
person and one by a different person, isn't a design difference.

Matt

As you can see, it simply makes no difference how much I post, prove or
answer, these few people that keep spewing the same things over and over
again will never change their minds, no matter how compelling the facts
are, if contrary to what they want to believe. We can all see that, so
there is no need to try and change their minds. If I say it's day, they
will argue it's night somewhere in the world.

I have already answered each and every question or false allegation put
forth here, so no need to keep answering the same thing over and over, I
have work to do and these few people posting to this thread are lost
causes anyway.

But, you asked the difference between the CH7 and the Mini-500, so
please allow me to explain. Engorging the history behind the politics,
here is the main deference.

1. There has only been around 60 CH7 helicopters manufactured. There was
over 500 Mini-500 kits manufactured.

2. Almost all of the CH7 helicopters were built, test flown and made
flight worthy by the factory. Only 4 Mini-500 helicopters were built by
the factory, the rest by the customers.

3. The CH7 helicopter had problems too, but with the small amount of
customers they had, meant fewer people when there was a problem to take
care of. 30 Mini-500's could get out the door before we could hear about
a repeat problem, so it was more costly to fix and affected more people.
Not an excuse, just a fact.

4. Nearly 100% of CH7 pilots were proficient and experienced in
helicopters and maintenance. 72% of Mini-500 owners were new helicopter
pilots, with less than 50 hours flight time and having their first
experience with a helicopter.

Simply put, the CH7 greatly benefited from being assembled and flown by
the factory and was sold at a much higher price that only allowed more
hightime helicopter pilots to buy it, and properly fly and maintain it.
The Mini-500 was built by customers that in 72% of the cases were
building a helicopter and flying one for the first time, after only
minimum flight training.

You guys add it up.

Another thing, I only post under my own name.

Dennis Fetters

Designer of;
Air Command 1/plcs Gyroplanes
Air Command 2/plcs Gyroplanes