Old May 30th 20, 11:51 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Landout at Class C or D tower-controlled airport?

Getting to the ramp - at LAL they sent an airport ops guy in a pickup. I had short towline with me - a good idea to carry - and he pulled me to the ramp. It was close enough to push, but hey, I made a new friend.

Hopefully your speaker is loud enough to hear standing outside the ship with the canopy closed. You can tell ground that you can follow taxi instructions but have to stop and get to the microphone to read them back. Handheld even better in this case.

If you're flying something too large to shove by yourself, ask them if they can contact FBO or airport staff to assist.