Old April 15th 04, 03:12 AM
Mark James Boyd

Fortunately SSA is really selling those logo items, and tapping
that better. I'd love an exciting SSA calendar too if they'd
get those acro/formation/skydiving/multi-towing photos I talked about :P

How about somebody doing the first loop with a
dual formation Stearman and a wingwalker while towing acro gliders?

:PPPPPP

In article ,
Scott wrote:
As a newcomer to soaring (I have a grand total of 0.5 hours under my
belt), I was turned off to SSA simply by the (what I consider) high
membership dues. Yes, I can afford it, but having never seen an SSA
magazine, I am reluctant to fork out the cash to see if I like their
publication. Maybe they should offer a trial membership, something like
$10 for 3 months (a one-time deal). EAA has done this and I think it is
working. I don't really need to pay $64 for the privilege of soaring,
so there has to be some incentive to join. Just a thought...

--

Mark Boyd