Old March 24th 05, 04:24 AM
Scott D.

On 23 Mar 2005 12:04:34 -0800, "Paul kgyy"
wrote:

I'm planning a flight from Denver Co to Taos NM around Memorial Day,
non-turbo Arrow. Available options to negotiate the Sangre De Cristo
mountain range appear to be either La Veta pass, west from Cimarron, or
way down south around Las Vegas. I'd appreciate some comment from
people experienced with the route.

I fly those routes almost weekly and either one will work. I suggest
you go one way out there and come back the other. One thing that I do
notice going through La Veta is that in the afternoons, it can get
messy with storms so I would go through there in the mornings if
possible. You will notice that there is a lot more scenery if you
stay on the east side of the mountain and go down to Las Vegas NM,
then you will if you go through the valley. In the Valley, its just
brown, where on the east side its more green and there are a lot more
features, IMHO.

Scott D

To email remove spamcatcher