Old September 1st 05, 11:22 PM
Kyle Boatright

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
news:wsKRe.301427$x96.41584@attbi_s72...
This just in from the AP:
But across the flooded-out city, the rescuers themselves came under attack
from storm victims.
"Hospitals are trying to evacuate," said Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Cheri
Ben-Iesan, spokesman at the city emergency operations center. "At every
one of them, there are reports that as the helicopters come in people are
shooting at them. There are people just taking potshots at police and at
helicopters, telling them, `You better come get my family.'"

Some Federal Emergency Management rescue operations were suspended in
areas where gunfire has broken out, Homeland Security spokesman Russ
Knocke said in Washington. "In areas where our employees have been
determined to potentially be in danger, we have pulled back," he said.

A National Guard military policeman was shot in the leg as the two
scuffled for the MP's rifle, police Capt. Ernie Demmo said. The man was
arrested.

Unbelievable.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA

Send in a couple of Cobras or Apaches. They shoot back with a vengance.