Old August 26th 09, 01:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
smithcorp

Default Sun Ship Game on Youtube - Complete

On Aug 26, 1:50*am, John Smith wrote:
Martin Gregorie wrote:
neatly pressed shorts and socks is normal in the
Antipodean summer. Its a sensible concession to the climate. I'm just
surprised that it isn't more widespread in regions with hot summers.

I wouldn't call shorts and socks "sensible" and I'm glad it is not more
widespread. I would agree with shorts and sandals (without socks), though..

This sartorial disaster (long socks, tailored shorts, short-sleeved
shirt and polyester tie) still holds some sway in the hotter parts of
the country (Queensland towns, Darwin etc) as business attire for
older gents, but its going the way of the safari suit. Socks and
sandals - nothing says English tourist or expat than this! Still, I'd
love to see the people that fly vintage gliders in neat period
clothing - be something to see.

I'm sure there's a whole thread's worth of potential in a discussion
about gliding apparel. In the summer I'm a polo shirt, cargo shorts
and trainers bloke because it gets hot under that canopy and I don't
get high enough yet to get cold.

smith