Old August 26th 09, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Rodger

Default Sun Ship Game on Youtube - Complete

Thank you for posting this

I had not seen this movie and had an interesting response to this
video. I was a 14 to 17 year old crew for a pilot flying in the CA
regional and national competition starting a year after this movie was
made. I don't remember there being quite as much carnage. Mostly
focused pilots a little on edge that howled at the moon at the end of
the contest. I do remember a very memorable bikini. Not sure if it’s
the same one. Hazy adolescent memory of the lovely Suzanne Moffat.
These folks seemed so larger than life to me then. It is interesting
to have them pop out of a stylized time machine and viewed with 2009
sensibilities. I met a 14 year old version of myself on a recent
flying trip. Highly in need of a hair cut and a bath. It is reassuring
to see that some things don't change.

Rodger (7D)