Old May 24th 17, 04:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank Whiteley

Default I'm Looking for a new location SW USA?

On Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 10:26:45 AM UTC-6, Waveguru wrote:
With the passing of Roy Coulliette, the management here at Pleasant Valley Airport Arizona has changed and it is now unworkable for me. I think I would like to stay here in the Desert Southwest somewhere, but I'm willing to move if need be. Does anybody have any suggestions for where I might be able to set up a commercial glider operation near a good sized population these days?

Boggs

I already spoke with Gary about Boulder, CO. Mile High Gliding has been for sale, but now the owner is willing just to sell the business without the equipment or whatever. They brag on being open 364 days a year. The gift certificate market seems good also.

The real drawback is that people are paying up to $750K for a house and razing it to build anew.

Some pilots have sold out of Boulder and moved a town or two away.