Old February 26th 19, 04:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Soaring at Boberg Hamburg Germany???

On Friday, February 22, 2019 at 9:10:19 AM UTC-8, HoUdino wrote:
I will be spending two months in Hamburg this summer near the Boberg clubs. Anyone on rec.soaring fly at that location? What's the recommended way to get involved for a USA licensed glider pilot?

Lars Tuohino

I flew two years ago in Stendal & was able to fly with a "holiday license". 4 months of paperwork and lots of hoops to jump through. You'll need a 2nd class medical. My understanding is that the LBA recently extended the term of the temporary license from the duration of the event to two years. I'm still researching that change. Here's a link to AOPA Germany that explains the process. https://aopa.de/ueber-uns/for-foreig...alidation.html Google translate is your friend.

Good luck and have fun in Germany.