Old February 26th 19, 10:06 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Craig Funston[_3_]

Default Soaring at Boberg Hamburg Germany???

On Tuesday, February 26, 2019 at 12:40:41 PM UTC-8, wrote:
Hi Craig,

some folks joining us for the 2019 pre-worlds at Stendal were walking through this process and unfortunately, non-EASA licenses are still only validated for a period of 4 consecutive weeks ("holiday licenses").

From this recent experience, I can confirm that the information given on the AOPA website is still valid.

Best regards,
Christoph

PS: would be great to have someone from the US joining for the pre-worlds - there are still slots available (https://www.segelflug-dm.de/en/).

Hi Christoph,

Thanks for the update. I had an absolutely wonderful time in Stendal in 2017 and would love to be there this year. Unfortunately vacation times didn't align.

Do you happen to know if gaining an EASA licence (i.e. France) would allow for unrestricted flying of D registered aircraft in Germany?

Great to hear from you and best wishes for the comp this year.

Craig