Old April 6th 04, 02:43 AM
john price

I'll usually cancel when my home field is in sight and I know
I have it made... As long as it's safe... It's a courtesy both
to ATC and anyone else that may want to do an approach
to or depart from one of the 6 airports in the area with approaches
off of the same VOR... I know when I'm trying to get a release
and someone is on an approach to one of those airports and I'm
waiting for someone to get on the ground and cancel on the phone,
it's a bit annoying... Particularly if they forget...

John Price
CFII/AGI/IGi
http://home.att.net/~jm.price

"Richard Kaplan" wrote in message
s.com...

"john price" wrote in message

The fact that VFR minimums in class G are 1 mile and
clear of clouds is not to encourage VFR pilots to go fly
in that, but to make it legal for instrument pilots to complete
approaches where the visibility minimums are 1 mile in the
class G airspace...

With visibility of 1 mile I would never cancel IFR until I am on the

ground.
Thus how would the VFR weather rules affect my flight other than by

settting
cloud distance requirements for VFR airplanes in Class E airspace?

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com