Old March 28th 11, 03:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Eric Greenwell[_4_]

Default Hydraulic brake problems

On 3/28/2011 1:46 AM, weersch wrote:

But as mentioned, this could be partly due to the smaller master
piston, which would give more throw but also more force/pressure.
Summarizing: My first problem was the leaking master cylinder. After
that next problem was piston in the Cleveland caliper retracting upon
brake lever release (instead of taking new fluid from the reservoir).
I am still not sure if this retracting is a problem of the new master
cylinder or a problem of the corroded Cleveland brake caliper.

I had a similar problem with my Cleveland brake system on my ASH 26E. It
worked fine for years, but one day it was very "spongy" after rigging. I
loosened the cap on the fluid reservoir, and in just two brake
applications, it was working fine. I cleaned the cap and the vent in it,
and have had no further problems in the seven years since then.

email me)

- "A Guide to Self-launching Sailplane Operation Mar/2004" Much of what
you need to know tinyurl.com/yfs7tnz