Old January 9th 04, 04:57 AM
Tex Houston

wrote in message
I recently acquired a photo of a B-29 named "Georgia Peach." Does
anyone know what is the little camels painted below the pilot's window
on the B-29 signify? Obviously a mission accomplished, but from where
and by what group? I notice on TV that one of the B-29s that wound up
in Russia also had these camels.

I vaguely recall those as flights over the Hump from India to forward bases
in China to deliver gasoline to CBI forward operating bases. You drained
everything except your required return fuel. Not very efficient supply
procedure but war is not a profit making exercise. Best place to ask these
questions is probably the heavy bomber forums at
http://www.armyairforces.com/default.asp where you have experts on these
subjects.

Regards,

Tex Houston