Old September 19th 06, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Margy Natalie

Default Flaps on take-off and landing

Marty Shapiro wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote in
:

Marty Shapiro writes:

The IRS allows 47.5 cents/mile as the cost to operate a car if its
use is tax deductible.

You use IRS figures for the car, but not for the plane. How much does
the IRS allow for operating a plane instead of a car?

I've never found a direct answer for the IRS allowance for private air
travel. Whenever I rent an aircraft for an Angel Flight, I get to deduct
the entire cost of the rental.

I found a University (California I think) that allows 44.5 cents for
cars, 99.5 for personal aircraft. I think this is close to federal.