Old January 12th 12, 10:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave Nadler

Default Measurement of CofG

On Thursday, January 12, 2012 12:48:09 PM UTC-5, Cliff Hilty wrote:
I did this with a stop watch and 5 gallon buckets under
the dump valves and had the "Weigher" tell me when I got to gross, stop and
record both time and gallons dumped, then continued to 9 lbs per sq ft,
stop and record, then dumped the rest. This gave me a very accurate amounts
in both gallons and time (seconds to dump for any wing loading I may want
to fly with.

Um, no, dump speed is limited by vent (in flight and on ground).
Lower pressure on vent in flight slower dump time in flight...
Also, for that glider, enlarging vent holes makes it safer
if you fall off a ridge and need to dump fast...