Old September 8th 04, 01:43 AM
C J Campbell

"Doug" wrote in message
om...
Sorry to hear that. Is it so bad it is unflyable? Good luck with the
repairs. Is this your 206?

It is the 206. They got the dent hammered out this morning and took it on a
test flight this afternoon. There was the usual kidding: "a little Bond-O
and some paint we'll have it back in service in no time" kind of thing. The
leading edge wing skin will have to be replaced. The question is whether we
can replace just the skin or do we have to do the whole module. The 206H
wing skins are bonded (not riveted) to false ribs at a separate assembly
site before being shipped to Cessna. If the wing skin cannot be removed from
the false ribs and replaced, then the whole module with the ribs attached
has to be installed, which means that at least two additional inspection
ports will also have to be installed. I am hoping that we can just remove
and replace the skin. There is no damage to the false ribs, so it looks like
it might be possible to just replace the skin. Cessna and our mechanic are
studying it. The big question is whether we can even unbond the aluminum
from the ribs without damaging them.