Old February 16th 20, 07:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default 2020 Canadian National Soaring Championships May 27-June 5

On Sunday, February 16, 2020 at 9:44:32 AM UTC-7, Tim Taylor wrote:
Nick,

With Std Airworthiness no special forms are required. You will need to check the medical requirements, I believe Canada requires a flight medical to fly gliders.

Too bad the Canadian contest overlaps the US Nationals or I would go. We had a great experience at the PanAm last year at SOSA.

Hi Nick

Thanks for your interest. Tim is correct regarding your glider with a Standard Type Certificate. Nothing required, just bring it over and fly.

I will try to find out if you additionally need a medical. It's hard to find an answer sifting through the regs. I'll give them a call on Monday.

Chris