Old January 25th 04, 06:14 AM
Richard Kaplan

"carlos" wrote in message

Since I already have two very good radios, I think a Garmin 430 would be a
waste of money (even if I traded in one of the KX155s).

At this point in time for a new IFR GPS installation, I think the Garmin
400/500 series or the UPSAT CNX-80 are the leading contenders since these
are the only GPS boxes for which their manufacturers have committed to
providing an upgrade for WAAS GPS precision approaches later this year.

If the Garmin 430 is overkill because you already have 2 Nav/Coms, you might
consider the Garmin GPS 400, which offers the same GPS functions as the
Garmin 430 minus the Nav/Coms.

--
Richard Kaplan, CFII

www.flyimc.com