Old May 8th 05, 11:53 PM
Dave Stadt

"Cub Driver" wrote in message
On 7 May 2005 21:23:23 -0700, "
wrote:

the SD. But it certainly wasn't routine as the wind was coming out of
the North at about 15kts gusting to about 20kts, and we were using

You did good! I generally won't fly if the wind is such as to shake
the Cub on the ground, and that's well below 20 knots.

Indeed, I generally won't leave for the airport if the tree branches
are moving, which is about 15 mph in my experience.

A tailwheel endorsement locally is usually 8-10 hours. Pretty funny,
really, when you consider that Piper salesmen in the 1940s/1950s used
to persuade local businessmen to club together and buy a Cub by
proving how easy it was to learn to fly. This they would do by picking
out the local high-school athlete (figuring he had good reflexes) and
soloing him in one day.

It wasn't a day it was more like 2 or 3 hours.