Old August 8th 03, 08:01 AM
Wayne Sagar

Ed Wischmeyer wrote in message ...

Sure was a stunning, stunning machine. Wish I'd taken the time to
realllly look at it...

Ed Wischmeyer

I sincerely hope that this does not come off as a "self serving"
response to this message. Jim Wright gave one struggling free-lance
photographer the break of a lifetime when he pulled the hinge pin from
his own Bonanza so that we could remove the left rear window and get a
clear (nothing but air between us) air to air session of him in the
airplane last year. It was the first "commercial grade" air to air
that had been shot of the airplane and because of it, I moved several
"grades" up the ladder of those of us who try our asses off to "shoot
airplanes for a living"... I was published in several national "ink
and paper" glossies and a couple of "tabloid" publications for the
first time..

This was a WONDERFUL man Jim Wright, he had a dream, the resources to
achieve that dream and he DID IT!

But it didn't go to his head!

I want EVERYONE to see his dream as many times as they can, as often
as they can!

http://www.aafo.com/racing/history/h...s_air_show.htm

A rather longish web address, but it's to the beginning of a "photo
essay" of the airplane that I took last year down in Cottage Grove.

There are more images, including desktop wallpaper images available at
http://www.aafo.com/gallery/08-07-03.html and
http://www.aafo.com/gallery/12-09-02.htm

Feel free to download them and do whatever you will with them... just
REMEMBER Jim Wright and the WONDERFUL airplane that he and his friends
and associates brought to life for us!

I'm toasting a bottle of fine wine to my lost friend this evening, so
if this is a bit "mushy" so be it...

This was a wonderful human being who had this dream, shared it with
his friends and with whom, brought it to reality... through them we
saw and heard history fly again!

I simply can't belive he's gone and with him, his dream...

He will live on, forever, for sure, much will be written about the
airplane and the man, we'll always have the images.. but nothing will
replace the smile of this person.. The soft gentle mannerisim of this
man..

DAMN!

I sell prints of this airplane to suppliment my retirement income but
if anyone wants one and can not afford my prices, which I've tried to
set as reasonable as possible.. email me, my address is all over the
site in the links... I want this man and his airplane to be on as many
walls and computers as can be possible.. we'll work something out if
you want a print and can't afford it!

Jim Wright was just one of the most special people I've ever known, he
created a dream, he brought Howard Hughes and his first airplane back
to life for a brief moment in time.

Now they can both talk about it, and someday, we can all talk about it
with them..

Light a candle... don't forget this man and his flying dream that
became a reality!

Blue Skies Forever Jim Wright!

Wayne Sagar
All Aviation FlightLine OnLine