Old August 8th 03, 06:13 PM
pac plyer

(Wayne Sagar) wrote
Light a candle... don't forget this man and his flying dream that
became a reality!

Blue Skies Forever Jim Wright!

Wayne Sagar
All Aviation FlightLine OnLine
http://www.aafo.com/

Hey Wayne,

Thank Goodness you took some good quality color shots of the fine man
and his amazing machine before they were lost to the aviation world.
All that existed before was grainy newsreel type stuff from the 30's.
My favorite shot from the 30's was Hughes posing by the tail in front
of the hangar in Burbank. I was bummed out all day after hearing
about the crash of the replica.

The HR-1 (or H-1?) was the bird Howard drilled out all the surface
rivets (at huge expense) when he learned about flush rivet technology
and made his guys start over. As I recall, he crashed the bird in the
LA area when he ran out of fuel after a record attempt. Was that the
HR-1? (H-1?)can't remember now. Anyway he never fully recovered from
his injuries. What an extreme machine. I was hoping to see it at an
airshow sometime. dang.

Wayne, could you mention some of the prices here for RAH? (a small
transgression.) If a netcop or troll complains about it we will start
a friendly little thread for them.

Take care buddy,

pacplyer