Old April 1st 20, 01:30 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default OLC uploading disabled? What does it mean?

Of course you know that "the cloud" is just someone else's computer...

On 3/31/2020 2:49 PM, RR wrote:
The official reason is that their policy is to never store your data on a cloud service. That seem a bit odd to me, as I consider olc public. When I discussed this with them, I suggested the keep their direct upload available to those who care, but insist that providers like LxNav disclose that they use cloud services to store the data before it is submitted. I now upload to the cloud, and then submit from there. Proving beyond a doubt that I don't care if the data goes to the cloud. It is a misguided protection to save us from ourselves...

--
Dan, 5J