Old September 3rd 08, 07:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Charles Vincent

Default A Simple Auto Engine Conversion

wrote:
On Aug 31, 10:29 pm, "
wrote:
Sorry, but that quote does not say the specific technical reason(s) he
gave up, just the basic economic idea that i've already heard -- hence
the original post. I wanted to hear a really good reason to not use
an auto engine, give readily available magnetos. Someone eventually
said propellor loads on the auto crankshaft.

What? We didn't mention cooling issues, weight issues, PSRU issues,
cost issues or anything else? Aren't these good things to consider?

Dan

Guess you didn't know that the only thing holding back progress of the
auto engine in aviation was the availability of a hundred and twenty two
year old ignition design.

Charles