Old January 22nd 07, 07:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.student,rec.aviation.piloting
Mortimer Schnerd, RN[_2_]

Default Frequency of convictions for lying on FAA medical form

Sally Grozmano wrote:
Hi,

I am familiar with the potential penalties for lying on the FAA medical,
but was curious if anyone had any stats on *actual* convictions that have
occured for this, and what the associated penalties were? It seems to be
"common knowledge" that many pilots do lie, but I never hear of actual
convictions.

I knew a guy who knew a guy who heard about a guy who got caught cheating on the
form. They say he was lined up against the wall and shot.

I suspect pretty much everyone here isn't going to get any closer to the
absolute truth than I did. The fact is probably that it's very rare, and
probably directly tied to accidents. (No accident/no investigation) As for
penalties, it's whatever your lawyer can work out for you. Probably a
suspension and civil penalty at worst. That would also be predicated on what
condition you hid from them. Are you having daily seizures?

--
Mortimer Schnerd, RN
mschnerdatcarolina.rr.com