Old December 29th 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Pegasus time limit

wrote:
Has anything developed regarding extending the total time limit on the
Pegasus?

Tom
Idaho

I called the SA Centrair in France in late October in order to buy some
parts and I asked them about that issue. The receptionist informed me
that "something's in works" and everything will be communicated in the
USA via the FAA. Her English was certainly better than my French.

But also keep in mind that the Pegase 101a has a life span in Europe of
12000 hours. The units in the US are no different than those in Europe
however there are the "English" issues which took place during the
translation from French to English: if you read the manual it says that
the inspections needs to be performed every 3000 hours, no different
than any other glider, but the translator also said "that the lifespan
of the structure is 3000 hours" which is clearly a mistake. I am
positive that the issue will be resolved. If not just slap on it the
"experimental" sign and just keep on flying.

Jacek
Washington State