Old December 29th 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ian

Default Pegasus time limit

wrote:
According to the FAA, there are approximately 50 Centrair Pegase 101
gliders in the US. I don't know how effective we are as a group, but
letters to Centrair and emails couldn't do to much harm.

If the problem is - have I read this right - that a mistranslation
turned a 3,000 hour inspection into a 3,000 hour life, why don't the 50
of you club together, pay for another professional translation, then
ask Centrair simply to inform the FAA by AD that the documentation has
been upgraded?

Minimum work on their part, and probably won't cost each of you that
much.

Sudden thought. What does the UK documentation for the Pegasus say?

Ian