Old December 7th 03, 12:52 AM
John Galban

Mike Spera wrote in message ...
snip
The best advice is the hardest to take. Stick to your guns, pass up as
many deals as it takes to get the right one, and DON'T get emotional
about the transaction. Easy to say, tough to do. If you were not in love
with flying, you would have never gotten this far.

Excellent advice. I've been in flying long enough to have known
dozens of people who jumped into a purchase based on emotion. Sure,
they got the plane, but when the maintenance nightmare reared it's
ugly head, it soured them on the whole experience. Not did they have
to shell out lots of cash, but they couldn't fly either. A little
foresight goes a long way.

My 1st plane purchase took 6 months and I rejected around 8 planes
before I found a good one. I got lucky on my 2nd plane. Only 3
months and 5 rejects.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)