Old September 8th 04, 10:51 AM
Pierre

Thanks for the link, (i was happy there for a while, as I've been looking
for this type of data for quite some time) although there seems to be a
problem.

- Very hard to find the information
- Once the report required has been found I get a:
"You have attempted to access a page without proper authorization"

Hmmm, too bad, it would really have been great to have access to the actual
mil-specs...

"smjmitchell" wrote in message
u...
There are some commercial libraries but you have to buy them.

For many other types of hardware you can download the files from the
hardware manufacturers web sites (usually for free) but not for any AN
hardware that I am aware of.

Dan is right though ... it is no big deal to draw them (I have done this

for
some hardware). They don't have to be perfect so long as the overal
dimensions are correct. If you are going to do this you first need to get
the AN / MS data sheets which have all the required dimensions. You can

get
these from the STINET site. http://stinet.dtic.mil/str/index.html

From: (Leon McAtee)
Date: 9/7/2004 10:17 PM Central Daylight Time
Is there an online source of downloadable CAD files for common AN
hardware? I don't see any reason to redraw what I'm sure has been
done many times.
=========================
Leon McAtee

I use MicroStation. Several years ago I made cels of each AN bolt,

washer
an
nut. With the nut and washers you only have to draw one of each type the

scale
as needed. With the bolts draw one of each length of a given size and

scale as
needed to the desired size.

It's easy to set up a cel file for each type of item and in each size.

It will take an hour or two depending on your skill, but it really is

worth it.

Dan, U.S. Air Force, retired