Old September 6th 05, 04:19 AM
tony roberts

Thanks for all the suggestions - you have given me a few things to look
at.

To clarify a couple of things -
The engine now has 30 hours on it - cylinders are new ECI's.
We switched temp sensors around and got the same results (except oil
temp sensor as we didn't have another one to test with).

Baffles are new - were installed by and A & E and I have had another A &
E inspect them - both say they are good.

There is no excess lead problem - the TCP is doing a great job (Highly
recommended) - the only lead I worry about is on cylinder 5 as it is
running below 300 degrees which is the temp at which the lead scavengers
start working.

Cyl 5 and Cyl 6 both hang out front but there is consistently about 70F
difference between them.

Some of your suggestions I already checked.
Possible causes that I hadn't considered that I got from your responses:

- Timing,
- miss-adjusted carb
- intake manifold leak.

Thanks to everyone - this is one great group - I'll report back when I
find the cause.

Tony
--

Tony Roberts