Old February 3rd 09, 01:44 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
BT

Default Slow flight and Slips to Landing - Video

Don't use slips to bleed of energy (kinetic) in a glider..
use slips to loose extra altitude (potential energy)

BT

"~^ beancounter ~^" wrote in message
glider training helped me w/slips...we used them a lot
to "bleed off energy" on approach...always better to have
too much, than too little.......

cheers

On Jan 31, 8:06 pm, A Lieberma wrote:
On Jan 31, 5:44 pm, "~^ beancounter ~^" wrote:

nice......practicing slips is fun, ea?......

Absolutely! Closing in on 900 hours and they are just as fun as when
I learned them! And as you can see from the video, still
learning :-)))))