Old August 25th 16, 11:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bob Kuykendall

Default Clip-on mic

On Thursday, August 25, 2016 at 1:09:20 PM UTC-7, Wade G wrote:
Has anyone come up with a clip-on mic for the radio in lieu of the boom?

Years ago Les Sebald gave me a circuit diagram for a clip-on mic that used a standard electret mic with a tiny one-transister amp. I made a few of them for my own use before I lost the circuit diagram. However, I can say that what you're looking for is possible and practical and has been done in the past.

If enough people are interested, I'll slice open my last remaining example and reverse-engineer the circuit.

Thanks, Bob K.