Old August 22nd 16, 11:52 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JS

Default Newish radio isn't loud enough

On Monday, August 22, 2016 at 1:12:28 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I have a

On a related subject, I fly a motorglider (ventus 2cM) and like to use a headset to reduce engine noise when self-launching. I use a David Clark, which I find suitable, except that I would like to find a more compact headset that can be more easily stowed after launch. Does anyone have recommendations for a more compact headset?

We stray.
I've used generic (also custom molded) in-ear monitors in ASH26E. They worked great, store in the side pocket, and don't scratch the canopy.
Here's a variety of readily available earphones from Shure.
http://www.shure.com/americas/produc...s/se-earphones
Also search guitarcenter.com for earphones. In USA there's probably a guitar center nearby.
Custom molded ear monitors are available from Ultimate Ears, JH Audio, Sensaphonics, Future Sonics and others.
Jim