Old August 29th 08, 02:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
BobR

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

On Aug 28, 6:27*pm, Mxsmanic wrote:
By definition, experimental aircraft have unknown characteristics. *It makes
sense that you'd want to test them out away from heavily populated areas.
Boeing and other civilian and military manufacturers don't test out their new
designs at LAX.

You are right about the initial tests which is why I will be using an
airport with nice large fields at both ends and no population centers
within a couple of miles. That was a choice that I could make but is
not available to every homebuilder. Most of our airports have been
surrounded by housing developments which greatly restrict operations
including those for non-experimental aircraft.