Old August 29th 08, 03:26 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Steve Hix

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

In article
,
Orval Fairbairn wrote:

In article ,
"Steve Foley" wrote:

"T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56" wrote in
message ...
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

'Clark County Aviation Director Randy Walker said he thinks experimental
airplanes should be restricted to airports that are located in less densely
populated areas. "I think the regulatory process on airport systems need to
be revisited in the coming weeks. I am going to ask to meet with the
members
of our congressional delegation to see if something can be done," he said
at
a news conference. "I do not believe under our circumstances that
experimental and high-risk aircraft operations, such as training and solo
flights, belong in an urban airport," he said.'

Seems pretty short-sighted for an Aviation Director. I also think it's
naive
for him to think that anything will be done "in the coming weeks".

The guy is obviously an ignorant a$$! He seems to have no experience in
REAL GA -- probably an ex-military heavy driver.

Equally likely, he's some local small-pond political type who got the
position because nobody else wanted it, but he figured it would look
good on his resumé on his advance to his ultimate goal of becoming
chairman of the local county board of supervisors.

But he's seen pictures of airplanes in a book. Once.