Old August 29th 08, 05:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting
Dale Scroggins[_2_]

Default Experimentals To Be Banned To Rural Airports?

"Steve Foley" wrote in message
"T. "Tim" Timothy Haag aka HyoogeUmp56" wrote in
message ...
http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1199-full.html#198676

'Clark County Aviation Director Randy Walker said he thinks experimental
airplanes should be restricted to airports that are located in less
densely populated areas. "I think the regulatory process on airport
systems need to be revisited in the coming weeks. I am going to ask to
meet with the members of our congressional delegation to see if something
can be done," he said at a news conference. "I do not believe under our
circumstances that experimental and high-risk aircraft operations, such as
training and solo flights, belong in an urban airport," he said.'

Seems pretty short-sighted for an Aviation Director. I also think it's
naive for him to think that anything will be done "in the coming weeks".

Depends upon whether the approaches & departures of that airport meet the
definition of a "densely populated area" noted in 91.319(c). If the
Director gets an interpretation from a local FAA office that it is, then the
homebuilders in the area might want to examine their operation limitations.