Old January 21st 16, 09:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Christopher Giacomo

Default New Student Pilot certificates

Is there a minimum age for a student pilot's license? Obviously there is a minimum solo age, but could a 12 year old not obtain a student license, as they are able to now, prior to their 14th birthday? Shouldn't they already have a student pilot's license when they start training, not when they are ready for solo? Perhaps i just haven't read deep enough into it, but it seems to me that this process is actually becoming easier for our students to get into flying, not harder. At least now i can walk them through the process at the field, and not have to send them to go pay a flight doc or to the FSDO...