Old February 14th 18, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.

Default Prandtl multi probe receptacle used for TE only?

I have a Prandtl type receptacle in the fin of my ASW27. The previous owner converted to to TE probe only, by tying off the static and pitot lines behind the panel. Anything wrong with this set-up? I guess there would be more potential for leaks, at a minimum. will the extra volume of air connected in the unused tubes create any adverse effects on the TE line? I get my static from the ports on the boom about 2/3 back.

Thanks for any input.

Matt