Old February 15th 18, 02:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
krasw

Default Prandtl multi probe receptacle used for TE only?

torstai 15. helmikuuta 2018 1.03.47 UTC+2 Matt Herron Jr. kirjoitti:
I have a Prandtl type receptacle in the fin of my ASW27. The previous owner converted to to TE probe only, by tying off the static and pitot lines behind the panel. Anything wrong with this set-up? I guess there would be more potential for leaks, at a minimum. will the extra volume of air connected in the unused tubes create any adverse effects on the TE line? I get my static from the ports on the boom about 2/3 back.

Thanks for any input.

Matt

Volume of triple pneumatic tube from tail to panel might be close to half of variometer flask volume, so answer is "maybe" even in theoretical world. But there is too many variables in pitot-static system to give you systematic answer.