Old August 4th 19, 01:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gary Wayland

Default Ventus C, 15m vs 17.6m

On Saturday, August 3, 2019 at 4:19:12 PM UTC-4, Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot) wrote:
Fonzie was Fonzie....sorta hard to compare.
Yes, I flew against him a number of times in the NE.
Yes, I have heard of some amazing (even for me) outlandings.

I miss him, quite a character, but, always willing to help.....him and his better 1/2 and dog.....

I had more fun flying with Fonzie at the club in Miami.

A short story.... There are many with the Fonz.

Late one Sunday afternoon, we were all sitting around the table after a good day of soaring, all telling lies on how bad we beat our buddies in the last thermal.

Oh wait, where's Fonzie?

Hey, get on the radio and see if he's out there... Late in the day, sun dropping under the horizon.

Hey Fonz, are you out there, we barked over the radio?

Fonzie comes back, yeah, I'm fifty miles out coming back from flamingo and not sure if I'm going to make it. Flamingo is a complete track over the Florida everglades with coral rocks and alligators...

OK, Fonz, as we asked again, can you get home?

The typical Fonz answer, "GOT TO" (It was so perfect with that Ecuadorian accent)

A short time later, as always, 3 high-speed passes and a beautiful landing in his Ventus C...

I miss Alfonso...

RIP, E9.

Gary