Old May 1st 07, 12:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default flying in Argentina

On Apr 30, 10:15 pm, GeorgeC wrote:
Do you have to be fluent in Spanish? Or maybe I should ask how fluent do I have
to be? I can get by in Spanish, we call it Tourist Spanish. I can find
something eat, find a hotel and rent a room. And the to most impotent Spanish
sentences.

Dos cervezas, por favor.
¿Dónde está el baño?

On 30 Apr 2007 01:25:59 -0700, wrote:

Argentina would not allow the foreign pilot to fly into national
airspace with a LV matriculated aircraft whiteout fluent Spanish
knowledge.

GeorgeC

well george,
is my English fluent or not? i guess it is not to write a novel, may
be enough to operate radio contact with a tower and very good to enjoy
a trip through miami )

law requires fluent Spanish, i guess to avoid misunderstands during a
special VFR or Taxing a busy airport and so one. Well what is fluent?
will depend in fact on your own discretion and ultimately of the
authorities.

to avoid these bureaucratic steps and furthermore to help you, assist
and guide you, I willl enjoy the trip at your side, be your personal
assistant and will make sure, that you get a very confortable trip,
also with más cervezas if needed or eatch other desire

saludos

arturo