Old November 30th 06, 09:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.military.naval

Default New NavAir Changes

Don McIntyre wrote:
snip

Reserve VFA squadron??

I thought the USN learned it's lesson about getting rid of adversary
squadrons..

I could even find HS-8 redesignating to HSC-8 (no more ASW missions for
the squadron then). The link is great!

Best regards,
Jacek Zemlo

No, they don't learn. They have to have enough people KIA'd to remind
them. It always seems like when the budget gets cut back, Training is
the first thing to suffer. NAVAIR seems to forget, that despite the
lack of opposition in Iraq, there are a few Air Forces out there with
capable platforms and probably capable pilots. Hey even a dope can get
lucky once in a while.

tell me about it, I was the next to the last CO of VF-126..