Old June 22nd 19, 05:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Nick Kennedy[_3_]

Default Day 4 Region 8 Ephrata Wa

Task:
TAT
West Start
Nils Corner
Wenatchee Ridge
Coulee Dam
Finish
We woke up to 100% overcast and light winds
By launch there was a Cu filled sky but not much sun hitting the ground.
The run north was rather slow for most kinda low.
Most turned at Mansfield and headed SW in to 10/10 cloud cover, slow going with 2-3 knots if you could find it. Then back to the NE through this same area, total cloud cover. Then back past Mansfield the sky opened up and it was 8-10 knots up and booming Cu. I got the last turnpoint and headed home under a black cloudstreet thinking I'm going to have this glorious high speed run home. I never had final glide numbers and never climbed a foot and stuck it in the dirt about 12 miles outside of Ephrata in the last of the good safe fields.
Several landed out and there were several motor runs.
And snow it goes.
We flew and most had a ton of fun. Technical soaring today.
No damage for me and I'm rerigged and ready to go on the final day tommorow
Happy Summer Solstice!