Old December 22nd 04, 04:30 AM
john smith

Xonix wrote:
Hi everyone, thanks for a great NewsGroup! I have recently started off
my Pilot career(having had a dream to fly for about 20 years)! Well,
with just 19 hours in my brand-new logbook and my first solo-flight
only 3 days ago, I am really excited and ready to go. (I have another
lesson in about 2 hours).

Congratulations! Welcome to the "club".

Question 1: Do you guys generally hire and fly or do you try to
acquire your own aircraft once you are ready?

Only if you can afford it.

Question 2: Does anyone really benefit from a PC Flight Simulator - I
have done quite a number of hours in mine, but I found that the lack of
rudders in my sim is quite a disadvantage - I am INCREDIBLE lazy with
the rudders - especially when on final and moments after landing.

Get some taildragger time with an instructor. That will teach you how to
use rudder.

Something that happened with my first solo: I did three circuits
(Dual) and then dropped my Instructor at the tower. Cleared for Taxi,
did the run-up tests and took off. Was pretty amazed with the power of
the aircraft since the instructor was on the ground. The circuit went
just fine, the approach was very good and the landing was really safe.
And then, a Jackal on the runway! I had to keep myself ready for a
go-around, but luckily it was out of the way in good time. Will never
forget that! What happened with your first solos? Can you still
remember it?

Now that's memeorable!