Old June 14th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Warning-Real Homebuilder Item For Sale!!!

Rip wrote:
Jim Logajan wrote:

Rip wrote:

Thanks, NetNanny. Review "appropriately".

The occasional commercial post isn't a big deal with me. But when you
posted the same message multiple times to several of the rec.aviation
groups it was becoming spam. I'm not going to go complain to eBay so you
have no worries from me on that score, but I thought you should know that
if others less tolerant than I did complain, then you'd find your marketing
backfiring.

Jim, I appreciate your forebearance. Truly. I didn't "shotgun" post, but
hit the rec. aviation groups that I thought would be interested
(homebuilders, misc, marketing, and owners).

Absent a statement in the newsgroup charter to the contrary there is
a general prohibition to commercial postings in UseNet newsgroups.
Usenet newsgrousp are intended for group discussion and comercial
posts could easily and quickly swamp that discussion. Imagine
if beer companies posted adverts to the rec.sports.football newsgroups.

Rec.aviation.marketplace is pretty clearly intended for "For Sale"
postings from which one should infer that the other groups are
not. It makes no sense, from the reader's perspective, to have
a newsgroup reserved for commercial postings and to also allow
them in the other newsgrousp as well.

IOW posting to four newsgroups was shotgun posting. I don't
expect eBay to act on the complaint.

I don't get particularly upset about such things myself, newbie
mistakes are commonplace, but Mr Logajan's remarks were spot
on and polite. Your response was not.

--

FF